Performance

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
robertfranz

Performance

Post by robertfranz » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:08 pm

So, I'm pulling data off an HFS drive that's attached to an enclosure hanging off a usb port on my laptop.

As I sit here and gaze morosely at the progress bar, it dawns on me that I could have used esata.

This didn't occur to me until I was about halfway through the scan, so I'm just letting it run.

How much difference would the connection make during the scan?

I did not take the option to save the scan to a file - will I have an option to do this at the end of the scan?

Will I be able to then switch to esata, load the saved scan, and proceed with recovery?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Performance

Post by Alt » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:10 am

robertfranz wrote:
How much difference would the connection make during the scan?

I did not take the option to save the scan to a file - will I have an option to do this at the end of the scan?

Will I be able to then switch to esata, load the saved scan, and proceed with recovery?
1. USB 2.0 average transfer rate: 25 MBytes/s, eSATA average transfer rate: 60 Mbytes/s. , in real life eSATA app. 2 times faster than USB 2.0.
2. Yes
3. Yes

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Performance

Post by Alt » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:53 am

What I forgot to tell you that you can stop the scan, save the scan info, connect the disk to the eSATA, load the scan info and then continue scanning. See R-Studio help: Scan, Multiple scans.