Recovery of Acronis true image backup/archive files. (tib)

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
Sn3akyP3t3

Re: Recovery of Acronis true image backup/archive files. (t

Post by Sn3akyP3t3 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:19 am

I never thought to mention what compression level I had used. Come to think of it most of my images created by Acronis are set for compression high by default. That shouldn't really matter, but thats not for me to decide. Just like many users out there I'm always happy to achieve favorable results, but I always desire more details to highlight what was wrong or what was the corrections made. This however, may be way over my head.

I'm not happy to hear another user out there is affected by this bug or whatever it may be, but if there are more users out there experiencing this then its not an isolated incident which means it should be able to be recreated and therefore cause can be identified and corrected. Thats my hopes.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:55 am

I believe, the update will be soon we're testing it, but no promises.

ChisKotsis

Post by ChisKotsis » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:09 am

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to the update and recovery!

Sn3akyP3t3

Post by Sn3akyP3t3 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:39 am

I see some changes to the downloads page for R-Studio Agent for Linux. I don't see changes for the Local and Network Recovery. I'm hoping to begin recovery soon :)

Sn3akyP3t3

Post by Sn3akyP3t3 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:03 am

Just wanted to check on the status of this reported bug's anticipated fixed version release. I see R-Studio for Windows has had an update as of Feb 20 2013, while that may not have any relevance to this bug, I was wondering if R-Studio has some shared codebase, but from what it appears with different release dates thats not the case.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:44 am

This bug is fixed in the Windows version. We're testing the Mac and Linux versions with that fix, but no promises. You see, I'm becoming a little bit superstitious. As soon as I've made a promise about a final date, something appears that ruins it.

Sn3akyP3t3

Post by Sn3akyP3t3 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:44 pm

I'm glad to hear the bug is fixed in one of the 3 available versions and should land in the other 2 eventually. I'm unable to afford the R-Studio Technician License to be able to jump into using a version providing the bug fix. Unless of course R-Tools Technology Inc. is willing to offer a fair, yet generous, discount so I can afford that upgrade for help in identifying a bug, but ironically not able to leverage its resolution due to technicality of chosen OS flavor ;)

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:00 pm

We're almost on the same boat here, as I prefer Linux. Be assured, the new versions for Mac and Linux are coming and with new features.

Sn3akyP3t3

Post by Sn3akyP3t3 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:25 am

Good to hear. I never faulted in faith, but didn't anticipate the wait duration for the bug fix. Do the details of the bug fix and anything about the fix get posted anywhere where a curious mind can read up on? Sorry, I'm used to Bugzilla and other bug reporting tools like it.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:11 am

This is not about one bug fix, all that about pulling the Linux and Mac versions to the state of the Windows program.