Invalid recovered files

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
Nana_Rio

Invalid recovered files

Post by Nana_Rio » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:45 am

Hello,
Files to be recovered are in a usb 8gb pen drive. I removed it from PC while PC was off. The next time I tried to use the pen drive,I got a message it had to be formated.Tried a chkdisk but got the answer it does not work for raw data.
I tried the demo R-Studio version to check the vialbility of recovery for my files. It said files could be recoverd but I needed a license. The software indicated was R-Studio FAT. I bought online and tried to recover them immediately. I had to do a scan and the files were recognized (orange letters). But the files recovered are named only with numbers and do not open, or known file types do open but only with a single letter repeated in the entire document. I filled a form to technical support but got a message I didn´t type word verification, which I did. So I hope someone can help, otherwise I just lost $50.
Thanks
Configuration:
Dell™ Dimension™ C521
SYSTEM: 2x Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU
OS Windows 7 Home build 7601 SP1
R-Studio FAT 6.1.152029

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Invalid recovered files

Post by Alt » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:42 am

Did you preview files? Previewing Files.

Nana_Rio

Re: Invalid recovered files

Post by Nana_Rio » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Alt wrote:Did you preview files? Previewing Files.
I don´t remember.
I remember the message whie recovery was going on: creating file while no FAT present.
Configuration:
Dell™ Dimension™ C521
SYSTEM: 2x Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU
OS Windows 7 Home build 7601 SP1
R-Studio FAT 6.1.152029