where is fully functional evaluation version

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
sys-eng

where is fully functional evaluation version

Post by sys-eng » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:03 pm

The refund policy says:

" . . . potential purchasers are invited to download a free limited demo or fully functional evaluation version of the software product from our Web site to test, evaluate and get a full understanding of its capabilities and ease of use of the product."

but I do not see an option to download a fully functional evaluation version. My experience with testing limited programs is just too limited and the assumptions they like for you to make about the full version often do not come true. They have a "no refund" policy.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: where is fully functional evaluation version

Post by Alt » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:41 am

Different R-TT software products have different evaluation options. R-Studio and R-Undelete have free limited demo versions, which can perform all data recovery tasks except recovery of files larger than 64 k. Still, you may use their preview capabilities to check whether they can successfully recover files for your case. R-Drive Image and R-Wipe & Clean have time-limited full-functioning demo versions, the free test-drive time limited to 30 days, if I'm not mistaken.

sys-eng

Post by sys-eng » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:42 pm

Well I tried the demo and after 5 hours of scanning it produced nothing of value. The only preview it would give me for MS-Word .doc files is hexidecimal which is totally useless. Even corrupt files will display hex. I guess I will not be buying R-Studio.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:58 am

That's your right - not to buy anything you don't like.

sys-eng

Post by sys-eng » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:16 am

It was a long shot anyway. The partition had been recovered to original image so much of the first part of the drive was over-written. Another program did get some of the Word files. R-Studio did not indicate which files may have been fully recov ered or partially recovered.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:05 pm

We have R-Word, a Microsoft Word Document Recovery Utility. Worth a try.