version plus licensing Q

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
BurrMan

version plus licensing Q

Post by BurrMan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:09 pm

Hello,
I have a version question plus a licensing one.

1. Does a purchase of r-studio "include" the r-drive image capabilities, or is that also needed for a good disk imaging solution. In other words, is the studio a "suite" of all the tools, or are they all standalone and needed for a full solution.

2. The r-disk image speaks to licensing and using the software to image drives "other than the one it is installed on".. r-studio isn't listing this? My goal would be to have a solution to install on "my machine", but I can bring disks of "others computers" to my home to use the r-studio tools on... Possibly even a "boot disk" where I can do an image restore at another location... Is this scenario covered with an r-studio purchase?

Thanks for any input,
Burr

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: version plus licensing Q

Post by Alt » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:58 pm

BurrMan wrote: 1. Does a purchase of r-studio "include" the r-drive image capabilities, or is that also needed for a good disk imaging solution. In other words, is the studio a "suite" of all the tools, or are they all standalone and needed for a full solution.
R-Studio has a Disk Copy module (as its integral part). This module can image and clone disks, and restore data to disks by copying the image to the disk. It equals in functionality to R-Drive Image. If you do such operations occasionally, R-Studio will be enough. But R-Drive Image has more options (like image sets, task scheduler, scripting, etc.), and if you need a powerful disk imaging program, R-Drive Image is a better choice. You may test it for free.
BurrMan wrote: 2. The r-disk image speaks to licensing and using the software to image drives "other than the one it is installed on".. r-studio isn't listing this? My goal would be to have a solution to install on "my machine", but I can bring disks of "others computers" to my home to use the r-studio tools on... Possibly even a "boot disk" where I can do an image restore at another location... Is this scenario covered with an r-studio purchase?
Please, send this question to R-TT sales department: sales (at) r-tt (dot) com.

BurrMan

Re: version plus licensing Q

Post by BurrMan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:05 pm

Ok, thanks Alt.....