paid for three years only got one

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
NickDaGeek

paid for three years only got one

Post by NickDaGeek » Tue May 12, 2015 9:09 am

can not update my software says I do not have a valid service agreement but

paid 04/03/2014 R-STUDIO Extended Customer Service for 3 years shows as purchased and paid for however the invoice says

R-STUDIO Extended Customer Service : From Sep 26 2011 through Sep 26 2014

Order Paid: 03-Apr-2014 12:21 PM

I am confused I assumed I had paid for 3 years in advance but the software licence seems to be going into the past. I have raised this online with RTT but as I have not had a reply am posting here. I will buy another year today as I am I have to use it soon but really am concerned as to what has happened and why, hopefully if the error is theirs I will get a refund. At the very least I would like an explanation of what I was paying for last year.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: paid for three years only got one

Post by Alt » Tue May 12, 2015 11:26 am

You may use the program even if its support expired. You won't be able to update R-Studio in this case.
I'll contact our sales department with your case.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: paid for three years only got one

Post by Alt » Wed May 13, 2015 8:33 am

What I got from the sales:
In accordance with our sales policy
http://www.r-tt.com/BuyOnLine.shtml, we guarantee customer support service within one year from the date of purchase. The services include technical support, customer support and all updates and new releases for the purchased product during that term.

When the free support service expires you may renew the service or prolong it using the software version compatible with the original registration key. The software license never expires.

The services can be renewed at any time but the extended support period is always calculated from the service expiration date. It's a type of upgrade. The cost of the upgrade is proportionate to how old the software version is.

You purchased R-STUDIO license on Sep 26 2010 and free support service for your license expired Sep 26 2011. In 2014 you decided upgrade the software and paid for the extended service for the period from Sep 26 2011 until Sep 26 2014. So, you received a new software registration key that was valid for R-STUDIO versions released before Sep 26 2014 and you paid US$59.97 instead of US$79.99.

Sorry, but you may NOT pay for 3 years of the support service in 2014 for a license purchased in 2010 and then get the software upgrades and updates until 2017.

Now, you may extend the support service again for the period from Sep 26 2014 until Sep 26 2015 and get a new R-Studio registration key. It would cost you US$19.99 for one year. If you decide to upgrade the software in 2017 the support period for your order will be calculated from Sep 26 2014 anyway.

Also, we must draw your attention to the fact that R-Studio software ((Standalone license) is licensed per machine not per user and cannot be transferred from one machine to another if the software has already been installed and registered. If you change the licensed machine you should consider a new license of the software and the order ID for the original license can be used as a discount coupon.