R-Studio recover marked files enhancements request

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
RICARDOORTEGAO

R-Studio recover marked files enhancements request

Post by RICARDOORTEGAO » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:09 pm

Greetings. I am a happy user of R-Studio. I would suggest to implement the following enhancements in the Recover Marked functionality of R-Studio

1. To select a range of dates (creation, modification, Access)
2. To ignore zero byte files
3. To ignore files if the first 512 bytes are all null 0x00 or all 0xFF (512 may be the default, the user/technician may change this value)
3. To override / overwrite recovered files when the last entry is non zero or the last entry is newer tan the previously recovered entries
4. To replace UTF-8 characters in names with another collating sequence, particularry (as you surely know) Windows uses codepage CP1220. The UTF-8 characters confuses some programs (particularly those written in PHP and other languages not using Win32 AIP calls).

thanks

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: R-Studio recover marked files enhancements request

Post by Alt » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:20 am

RICARDOORTEGAO wrote:Greetings. I am a happy user of R-Studio. I would suggest to implement the following enhancements in the Recover Marked functionality of R-Studio

1. To select a range of dates (creation, modification, Access)
2. To ignore zero byte files
You can do it with the latest version. See R-Studio help: earching for a File and File Masks.
RICARDOORTEGAO wrote: 3. To ignore files if the first 512 bytes are all null 0x00 or all 0xFF (512 may be the default, the user/technician may change this value)
3. To override / overwrite recovered files when the last entry is non zero or the last entry is newer tan the previously recovered entries
4. To replace UTF-8 characters in names with another collating sequence, particularry (as you surely know) Windows uses codepage CP1220. The UTF-8 characters confuses some programs (particularly those written in PHP and other languages not using Win32 AIP calls).
I've passed your requests to our developers. Thanks!