Recover files deleted by Adobe Premiere

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
jkk

Recover files deleted by Adobe Premiere

Post by jkk » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:43 am

Hello!
My english is bad.
So, i had a few gopro video files on my computer which i edited in Adobe Premiere(video editing program). When i finished my editing i left the project alone and forgot about it. After about 3 weeks i went to the folder that contained my gopro files and the folder was empty. Shortly, i discovered that my version of Adobe Premiere has a bug that cleans its own temporary files with actual video files! Damn! :o
So, i edit videos almost daily and i download a lot of gigabytes of videos. So it comes out that i have had a lot of new information stored on my hard drive after Premiere deleted my gopro files. Which is bad for recovering, as i understand.
I tried to use R-studio to recover the deleted files and i found them. The files' names go like "GOPR1000, GOPR1001, GOPR1002..." etc. I was happy to see them and clicked to recover them. They recovered but only a couple of them were normal when i played them. Some of the files i couldn't open and some of them i could, but they played absolutely different video from another video files with different file names. For example: the gopro files i wanted to restore contained footage of a football field and were named like GOPR1000, GOPR1001 etc. And i have never had other files with the same names on my pc. But when i clicked them they played video of other files named "gameplaye footage.mp4", for example. I hope you understand me.
So my question, is there a chance that my gopro files are hidden somewhere with different names than that they had before the accident? And what should i do? I only had the files stored in one folder on my computer and on a micro SD card which is also in use all the time.
Thank you.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Recover files deleted by Adobe Premiere

Post by Alt » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:38 am

I think all newly stored data partially overwrote the content of old files, that is why those things are messed up. Nothing can be done when this happens.
You may also look into Raw files and try to find your files in this folder, but I doubt you'll be able to recover the original file names and folder structure.
This article may be of help to understand your situation: File Recovery Basics: How Data Recovery Works.

jkk

Re: Recover files deleted by Adobe Premiere

Post by jkk » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:52 pm

Thank you very much for the answer :!: