Can the system hard disk image be created in raid 1?

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
Lillo77

Can the system hard disk image be created in raid 1?

Post by Lillo77 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:41 pm

Hi, I have a server with windows server 2008 r2 where I have the operating system on a dynamic hard disk in mirror software (Raid 1) (in total I have two hard disks, one copy of the other). I would like to create an image of the system hard disk with R-drive image. My doubt is:
Can R-drive image make a mirror image of a dynamic system disk?
Can I restore it to a new empty hard disk of different sizes and sectors or do I have to find a model identical to those to which I made the image?
After I restore the image, does the new hard disk start the operating system?
Does the new hard disk remain a dynamic disk or does it become a basic disk?
To restore, you need two hard disks since the image is taken from a mirrored hard disk or can I still restore it on a single hard disk?
To date I have not found any program that allows me to be able to have a backup in case the hard disks of my windows server 2008 R2 server should break because nobody makes images of dynamic disks with a mirror operating system. R-drive image can be useful for my purpose
Thanks in advance to those who can help me

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Can the system hard disk image be created in raid 1?

Post by Alt » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:37 am

The simplest and arguably best answer for all your questions is "Just test that". R-Drive Image can be installed for free in its fully functional Demo mode for 1 month.
Maybe these two help pages can be useful for you: Windows Software RAIDs, Mirrors, and Spanned Volumes and Support for Various Disk Partition Schemes and File Systems.