New Feature

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
Alt
Site Moderator

Re: New Feature

Post by Alt » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:44 am

What about mounted disks?
We're trying to identify the problem, because we cannot reproduce the problem, our scripts work fine.

Jims13

Post by Jims13 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:58 am

I'm not sure what you mean by "what about mounted discs"? I'm sorry, but I might not understand because I'm new to your product(s). I have mounted discs before with your product, but I'm not sure what you mean by that question.

I can post the contents of my script. It's not tough. Here it is except for the executable (that's an ampersand after the 2> in the second to last line):

echo on
SET CURRENTTIME=%TIME%
IF "%CURRENTTIME:~0,1%"==" " (SET CURRENTTIME=0%CURRENTTIME:~1%)
FOR /F "tokens=2-4 delims=/ " %%A IN ('DATE /T') DO (SET TIMESTAMP=%%C-%%A-%%B_%CURRENTTIME%)
SET TIMESTAMP=%TIMESTAMP::=_%
SET LOGNAME="%AWS_LOG_LOCATION%System_Backup_%TIMESTAMP%.log"
echo "LOGNAME IS " %LOGNAME%
"%AWS_COPY_BACKUPS_EXECUTABLE%" (list of parms) 1> %LOGNAME% 2>& 1
echo "errorlevel is " %errorlevel%

Jims13

Post by Jims13 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:52 am

I see what you mean about reproducing it. I don't want to give you my executable. I'll try to reproduce this another way for you.

Jims13

Post by Jims13 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:03 pm

is this happening because R Drive is a 32-bit application and my application is 64-bit? I tried calling a python script from your application using 64-bit python and it did the same thing.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:32 pm

You have two external links: %AWS_LOG_LOCATION% and %AWS_COPY_BACKUPS_EXECUTABLE%. Are they accessible under the Local System account? What happens if you try to run the task under the account you test your scripts?

Jims13

Post by Jims13 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:40 pm

The .cmd scripts run fine if I click on them in file explorer. Those are just environment variables.

Jims13

Post by Jims13 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:01 am

I did another test. I created 32 bit versions of the programs that run and whose output I want in that log file. The new programs run fine outside of r drive, but, again, within r drive, they don't produce output and aren't running in task manager. I'll keep trying to find some other program that does the same thing that maybe you can use to test with. Are you redirecting stdout and stderr within your program? That's what I am trying to do. Could there be a conflict there somehow?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:00 pm

Try to run something very simple to check that this feature works, as the first step.

Jims13

Post by Jims13 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:14 pm

I think I figured out what is the problem. This process can't access the internet. I've attached a simple .cmd file with a python script that just gets the machine's public ip address and displays it. It works when clicking on the .cmd file, but it creates an empty file when running it under your process. My program accesses AWS and it needs the internet. I have 64-bit python 3.10.5 installed. (https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-3105/).

Hope this helps.

I can't attach the .cmd file or the .py file so I zipped them up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jims13

Post by Jims13 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:35 am

If you don't want to go through the hassle of installing python and setting it up, I created an executable based on that python code I just posted. It's 64-bit and it should run under 64-bit windows. You should be able to modify that .cmd file I posted previously to run this and it should work to test this out. Here it is zipped up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.