New Feature (creating tasks)

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
Jims13

New Feature (creating tasks)

Post by Jims13 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:28 pm

Creating tasks and script option is not simple. I think it should be a way to create tasks for every type of image or backup you have, but you can't use create a task and scripts to create a task for creating an image from files. That's confusing and not intuitive for a person just starting to use the software. Like I said, I think you should be able to create tasks for every type of backup you have in the create a tasks and scripts option on the main menu and you should be able to save it without running it. EaseUS ToDo Backup made this simpler and more intuitive, but they had other issues I didn't like, which is why I left them.

Jims13

Re: New Feature (creating tasks)

Post by Jims13 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:47 pm

When I first bought R Drive Image, I wanted to set up my tasks and so that my backups would have the tasks set up already in case I needed to restore something. I left my previous backup software provider and I needed to create new backups using your software, but I had issues with my operating system. So I wanted to set up the tasks and execute them when I was ready to create the backups. I couldn't figure out how to do that. It's much more complicated in your software than my previous software.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: New Feature (creating tasks)

Post by Alt » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:49 pm

When creating a task, select the partition you want to create a backup with files, right-click the partition and select Backup selected files.