After backup, how to auto duplicate image to other connected drives?

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
Dustyn

After backup, how to auto duplicate image to other connected drives?

Post by Dustyn » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:50 pm

Hello! :)

Very new to R-Drive Image so please be kind? :?

So, the following is a backup scheme I use with Macrium Home that works very well for me, and I wish to see moving forward if R-Drive can do this too.

I have an .XML file that was created with Macrium 8 that defines what drive is going to be backed up as a full system image. I also have a .VBS script associated with that .XLM backup to run on a daily schedule. Let's say that that backup source is of the entire disk "C:" including all partitions and whatnot and the target drive is drive "G:" The .VBS file is configured to duplicate the daily scheduled image Macrium just created to the target drive: G: then copy the image from G: to H: to I: and then to J:. (G:\SYSTEM IMAGES\image H:\SYSTEM IMAGES\image I:\SYSTEM IMAGES\image J:\SYSTEM IMAGES\image

How do I set up a newly created backup image to then be duplicated to "3" other connected disk drives with R-Drive.
I need to assistance with this process as I'm not sure exactly how to do it. I have a .VBS script I can upload to the forum here but it's for Macrium Home. I don't know if it would be useful to get an understanding of what I'm trying to do?

Currently with Macrium Home 8.x, I am able to achieve this whole process automatically with a post backup .VBS script.

Can someone explain or assist me with how I can accomplish the same thing automatically with R-Drive Image?
Perhaps this is something I can achieve using the Windows Task Scheduler after R-Drive completes the image?

Thank you for any assistance you may provide. :)

Sincerely,
Dustyn

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: After backup, how to auto duplicate image to other connected drives?

Post by Alt » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:17 am

You may create a batch file with all necessary actions and make R-Drive Image execute it then the image has been created. The Options button -> Backup options -> Backup AUX applications -> After.

Dustyn

Re: After backup, how to auto duplicate image to other connected drives?

Post by Dustyn » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:11 pm

Thank you very much. :)