R-Drive Image error message

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
Curve49

R-Drive Image error message

Post by Curve49 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:22 pm

I've been using R-DI for about a year and today experienced a stoppage in the disk image process. I'm backing up to a Western Digital external 1TB drive. The imaging process proceeds a short percentage and then blanks out to the windows Explorer view of the WD drive. The exclamated message says,

"A device which does not exist was specified (433) while writing to D:\Nova R-Image\C-image3.rdr"

I have restarted several times but another attempt produces the same error message. Can someone help me to understand what the issue is ? My version is R-Drive Image standalone 7.1 (build 7102).

Thanks very much.

RaguelBaker

Re: R-Drive Image error message

Post by RaguelBaker » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:36 pm

I don't know if this will help, but I've gotten this message when I accidentally didn't have the external drive plugged into a USB port on my laptop. It was running on a script and I forgot to plug the backup drive in. You might try plugging and unplugging the USB cables, try a different USB cable, trying a different USB port. Also see if the external WD drive shows up in Windows file manager. Hope this helps!

RaguelBaker

Re: R-Drive Image error message

Post by RaguelBaker » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:37 pm

I don't know if this will help, but I've gotten this message when I accidentally didn't have the external drive plugged into a USB port on my laptop. It was running on a script and I forgot to plug the backup drive in. You might try plugging and unplugging the USB cables, try a different USB cable, trying a different USB port. Also see if the external WD drive shows up in Windows file manager. Hope this helps!