License not valid on startup disk

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
micklecat

License not valid on startup disk

Post by micklecat » Sat May 20, 2023 4:37 am

I've been used R-drive image for about 1 year both installed and startup disk versions. I installed it on one computer, and backed up another computers at home with startup-disk version. Some time ago next software update demanded to renew a license. I bought a new license, updated installed version and created a new startup USB disk. When today I tried to use this startup disk on one of my laptops, a message appeared: "Software activation is not valid for this computer" and menu was found blocked. I created a new startup disk, but on a laptop message not disappeared, and "Trial period 7 days" displays on the top.
What is this? Do you mean that if I have one desktop with R-drive image installed and 10 laptops without, I have to buy 10 licenses, one for each laptop even if I insert an USB startup disk in it?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: License not valid on startup disk

Post by Alt » Mon May 22, 2023 12:46 pm

According to your R-Drive Image license, you can serve only one computer, both with its Windows and startup versions. You cannot use the Windows version on one computer and the startup versions on another one. It's been always so from the very beginning.

You may read more about our license policy on our page R-Drive Image Licensing.