Differential Backup Jobs - Creating

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
Tom

Differential Backup Jobs - Creating

Post by Tom » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:37 am

Hi :) I am currently trialing your R-Drive Image product and have come to th part where I want to try setting up daily differential backup jobs.

My first issue is that the 'manual' doesn't fit the screens I am seeing. Is there a later version of the manual ? e.g. the 'manual' talks about 'Action Selection Panel' and I don't see a screen named that.

I can see no way to when creating a task, selecting specific folders rather than the whole disk. As you can if you do a 'Create Image from Files'. I don't want to backup a full disk just to copy a fraction of it for backup purposes. How can I do that ? Right now the sequence I am trying is Main Menu: Tasks & Scripts > Create Task > Select Disk Image to create image from > Select Destination > Rotation Options > Schedule > At no point can I see where to specify a sub set of the disk ?

Lastly for now I will want to use this on two computers, personal usage, does that mean two licences?

Thanks

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Differential Backup Jobs - Creating

Post by Alt » Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:12 pm

Tom wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:37 am
My first issue is that the 'manual' doesn't fit the screens I am seeing. Is there a later version of the manual ? e.g. the 'manual' talks about 'Action Selection Panel' and I don't see a screen named that.
What is the resolution and scaling of your screen? 1920 x 1200 shows everything perfectly.
Tom wrote:
I can see no way to when creating a task, selecting specific folders rather than the whole disk. As you can if you do a 'Create Image from Files'. I don't want to backup a full disk just to copy a fraction of it for backup purposes. How can I do that ? Right now the sequence I am trying is Main Menu: Tasks & Scripts > Create Task > Select Disk Image to create image from > Select Destination > Rotation Options > Schedule > At no point can I see where to specify a sub set of the disk ?
Right-click the partition (logical disk) where this fraction resides and select Backup selected files.
Tom wrote:
Lastly for now I will want to use this on two computers, personal usage, does that mean two licences?
Yes.