Make Startup disk after crash during trial period

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
AntonR

Make Startup disk after crash during trial period

Post by AntonR » Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:25 am

Yesterday I installed R-Drive Image 30d trial on my W10 PC with a SSD and made a image of the SSD to the HDD. This was successful. So far so good. This morning my PC could not boot (SSD). I did not already made a Startup USB. I tried to make one on another system but this does not seem to work (0 trial days left). How can I recover the SSD image from the HDD?

Thanks for your reply!

Anton

AntonR

Re: Make Startup disk after crash during trial period

Post by AntonR » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:22 pm

Fixed the thing; could move the MBR to another partition with a Windows Media USB and start the system. After that, I made the R-Drive Startup USB. Tomorrow I replace the SSD and recover the system.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Make Startup disk after crash during trial period

Post by Alt » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:39 pm

AntonR wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:25 am
Yesterday I installed R-Drive Image 30d trial on my W10 PC with a SSD and made a image of the SSD to the HDD. This was successful. So far so good. This morning my PC could not boot (SSD). I did not already made a Startup USB. I tried to make one on another system but this does not seem to work (0 trial days left). How can I recover the SSD image from the HDD?
May it happen that the other system has R-Drive Image installed and which trial period has already expired? Because otherwise I cannot image the reason for this "0 trial days left".

The course of action you did should've been in the following way: you install R-Drive Image on Computer A in the trial mode. Then you create a disk image for the system disk (SSD). Then for some reason your system can't boot. You install a new copy of R-Drive Image on another system in the trial mode (no R-Drive Image has been previously installed), create a startup device, boot your Computer A with this startup device, and recover your SSD. The startup device will have 30-day trial perious.