How to Scheduled task for jus Doc's

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
RR60

How to Scheduled task for jus Doc's

Post by RR60 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:02 pm

I see how to schedule a reoccuring task if you want to do a full image.

But dont see the option if I want to create image from files. Like if I want to backup just my documents daily.

I have the registered R-Drive image stand alone for now.

Also sometimes I get an error. "the external command failed to run" what is this.

Thanks

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: How to Scheduled task for jus Doc's

Post by Alt » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:36 pm

RR60 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:02 pm
I see how to schedule a reoccuring task if you want to do a full image.

But dont see the option if I want to create image from files. Like if I want to backup just my documents daily.

I have the registered R-Drive image stand alone for now.
On the Partition Selection panel, right-click the selected partition and select Backup selected files if you want to backup only individual files on the partition.
RR60 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:02 pm
Also sometimes I get an error. "the external command failed to run" what is this.
Did you specify an application to run on the Backup options panel?

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:06 pm

No , the only thing I had extra was to send me a email notification. That can thru ok.

RR60

Post by RR60 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:57 pm

Finally got all my problems solved. And everything working.
Had to do a complete system win 11 restore. And start from scratch.

Last question I should have. Is there a way to rename my C: main and D: secondary drive.

The R-Drive program wants to also call my C drive HDD2. Seems that should apply to the secondary D drive.
Thanks

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:10 pm

RR60 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:57 pm
Last question I should have. Is there a way to rename my C: main and D: secondary drive.

The R-Drive program wants to also call my C drive HDD2. Seems that should apply to the secondary D drive.
This is not R-Drive Image, this is your system.

RR60

Post by RR60 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:36 pm

Alt wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:10 pm
RR60 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:57 pm

This is not R-Drive Image, this is your system.
Yes, thanks
I did see it was a common complaint on the internet. Calling D disk 0 at times, and C: drive disk 1

And looking under my disk management.
It calls D: drive the secondary drive and disk 0
and calls the C: drive the OS and disk 1
In the window. It does shows the D drive listed first and then the C drive listed below that.
I am guessing that is where R-Drive gets the info. Not what it is named, but how it is listed in order with disk management.

That being said. With most image or backup programs. They still just call them disk C & D with no mention of the words "HDD2"
An example is windows 11 own image program. And never noticed it before in my old acronis. And even with most windows in R-Drive itself.

Even with this I will mention I like RiDrive so much better and find it easier to use than my old program. And would never go back.

One of the benefits is it is the easiest to just look at and use. Which is great for users like me. I will just setup scheduled backs. May look and check everything is working occasionally. But may not otherwise even need to use it for years. For a recovery. Or to change anything.

Any mention of HDD2 just makes it confusing. Compared to what I am used to.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:06 pm

Sometimes, It's quite necessary to know where a certain logical disk resides, especially for UEFI systems.

How Windows maps hard drives in the system depends on many factors, SATA ports being the main one.

RR60

Post by RR60 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:43 pm

Alt wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:06 pm
Sometimes, It's quite necessary to know where a certain logical disk resides, especially for UEFI systems.

How Windows maps hard drives in the system depends on many factors, SATA ports being the main one.
Just more of a suggestion in case ever any updates. Or to add to the manual, if R-Drive uses any of their own special definitions. That are not normal or unviversally known.
Another reason HDD2 can be confusing to others. Is my main drive is a SSD and secondary drive is a HDD. But R-Drive calls my SSD a HDD2. My guess is that is why most other applications just call them C: drive and D: drive . Or also main drive and secondary drive are also universally known.

I also checked and even goggle does not know what HDD2 on a PC is.