R-Drive Image on 2 OS's, same computer (not same time)

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
wrg-scz

R-Drive Image on 2 OS's, same computer (not same time)

Post by wrg-scz » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:48 am

I've just purchased a new (Dell) computer with Win 11 Pro. Due to some software incompatibilities I need to wipe Win 11 Pro and install Win 10 Pro, but I want to first image the original Win 11 Pro boot disk in case I need to restore it (e.g. if I have a hw problem and need Dell to service the machine, they may require the original stock OS). Additionally, I'd want to use RDI to create scheduled image backups of the Win 10 Pro install. I'd obviously also like to make a startup version in case I need to restore either the Win 10 or the Win 11.
Can I use a single purchased license of RDI to do all of the above? Or do I need to use a combination of a trial license and my purchased license? Or do I need 2 licenses?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: R-Drive Image on 2 OS's, same computer (not same time)

Post by Alt » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:20 pm

The answer from our sales department:
R-Drive Image Standalone license allows Licensee (home user or organization) to serve one personal computer or workstation (NOT A SERVER) for its entire lifetime and can be transferred to another computer when the served computer is decommissioned or replaced. The license may not be transferred between different computers back and forth and be reused on the computer it was transferred from https://www.drive-image.com/Drive_Image_Licensing.shtml . To serve two computers, the licensee can purchase an additional license for a discounted price and the previous order id can be used as a discount coupon.

Activation is tied to the motherboard of the licensed computer, and any system resets or hardware upgrades (other than the motherboard) do not affect activation. The licensed computer motherboard replacement is considered as the licensed machine replacement. You activated the software on your licensed computer XXXXXXXXX EST and XXXXXX EST the software was reactivated on a new computer. If you want to use the software on the previous computer again, please purchase an additional R-Drive Image Standalone license.