Synology NAS with R-Drive Image

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
paulm

Synology NAS with R-Drive Image

Post by paulm » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:04 pm

I am running the trial version, attempting to verify functionality before pulling the plug on Acronis and switching over to R-Drive.

I am doing weekly/daily diff backups to a Synology NAS DS218, and everything seems to be working fine...everything except when I try to connect up and recover a file/folder, I can never connect. I know the IP address, the UID/PWD, the share name, I filled in the Adopter eth0, IPv4, Network Mask, and Gateway with the DHCP button.

I was using the actual share path \\SynologyNAS\PaulShare, and would always get, "Invalid Argument". Then I was looking through old posts and found where someone said to just put the actual share name, PaulShare in the Share Name Box. So I tried that and it cured the "Invalid Argument" error, but then I got a "Not Supported" error. What's not supported? NAS? I'm sending backups to that with no problem. Acronis maps the drive with no problems.

I've probably beat my head against this for 15 or 20 hours. Could someone please lend me a hand, or tell me where to look to find out what I'm doing wrong?
paulm

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Synology NAS with R-Drive Image

Post by Alt » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:22 am

Please contact our techsupport, they'll help you solve this problem. They'll need some more information about your network which may not be appropriate to discuss publicly.