In-depth look into R-Drive Image

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software

Fang

Re: In-depth look into R-Drive Image

Post by Fang » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:46 pm

Hello,
I would like to know if R-Drive Image is real cloning disk software, which can support disk volume ID, and disk signature cloning?
Tnank you.

jpirie

Post by jpirie » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:55 am

Fang wrote:Hello,
I would like to know if R-Drive Image is real cloning disk software, which can support disk volume ID, and disk signature cloning?
Tnank you.
I found this in the "Technical Details" part of the wonderful Manual! :)

http://www.drive-image.com/DriveImage_H ... temdis.htm

I suspect the answer is yes but I could still be wrong.
When you restore data from an image of a system disk, a disk signature collision may occur. In this case, the Disk Signature Collision panel will appear. You may specify the way to resolve this collision on this panel.

Disk Signature Collision Resolving

Same signature for both disk
R-Drive Image will create an identical copy of the source disk with the same signature. To avoid disk signature collision, you'll have to disconnect one of the disks and restart the computer, if necessary. Use this mode if you clone a system disk for another computer or only the target disk will be used in yours.

Different signature on the target disk.
R-Drive Image will write another disk signature to the target disk. Don’t use this mode if you clone a system disk, Windows won’t start from it. To get access to the target disk after cloning, you’ll have to restart the computer or re-connect it if it’s an external USB disk.

Change the disk signature on the source disk.
R-Drive Image will change the disk signature on the source disk. Use this mode if you want to start Windows from the target disk, but be warned: the computer won’t start from the source disk anymore.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:46 am

R-Drive Image can clone disks byte-to-byte, or with some alterations, when necessary. That makes it a true disk cloning utility.

adamlayne

Post by adamlayne » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:07 am

R-Drive Image can clone disks byte-to-byte.