Seeing External Drives or other way to Restore

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
bleggee

Seeing External Drives or other way to Restore

Post by bleggee » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:31 am

I want to backup my entire C: drive (Active Partition) and Restore it later after I replace the Hard Drive with a larger one.
Can R-Drive Image, in Bootable Mode (with the Pseudo-graphic screens) "see" an external hard drive so I can Restore an image from there? Right now I use R-Drive ver 3.0 and I can't get the SW to recognize my External USB drive. I will upgrade/purchase the new version if that fix it, OR if seeing External Drives isn;t possible, what's the easiest way to do this drive-upgrade and move my entire OS & Active PArtition contents?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Seeing External Drives or other way to Restore

Post by Alt » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:40 am

R-Drive Image should recognize and work with an external USB2.0 hard drive. If it doesn't, contact our technical support and provide them the model of your external HDD. They will help you with this problem.
If you can get inside your system and have enough experience with the hardware, the best way to transfer your logical disk C and other partitions is to connect your new hard drive to another IDE port, start your system up in the Windows mode, and copy the old HDD to the new one. Before your start, read R-Drive Image help carefully (Disk Actions -> Copy a Disk to a Disk -> To copy data from an entire hard drive to another hard drive:). Then turn your computer off and replace the old HDD with the new one. That should work.

bleggee

Re: Seeing External Drives or other way to Restore

Post by bleggee » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:45 pm

I bought Ver 4 & it worked perfect, thx, saw all the drives including externals.