CompactFlash

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
Keithmj

CompactFlash

Post by Keithmj » Tue May 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Hi..I am trying to clone a CompactFlash from a Termtek TK-3370 512mbThin Client as I am putting in a larger 4G one but I am having some small problems. It will take up to 8G..It will get just about through the process and a window will pop up that says..Disk not locked..and it gives me three choises Restart the computer, retry to lock the disk once again, force windows to unlock the disk. The disk has about a 8kb section that I think has the boot files which I can not get it to copy. I also tried to do an image copy but it does the same thing. What will happen if I force windows to unlock the disk? The original disk is a Sandisk 512mb CompactFlash and sdcfb is on the back of it. The one that I am putting in is a Sandisk Ultra 11 4G CompactFlash with no writing on the back..How do you copy a CompactFlash disk? Is there different CompactFlashes to use in a computer as I was thinking that I just have the wrong disk..Thanks for any info..Keithmj

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: CompactFlash

Post by Alt » Wed May 20, 2009 3:57 am

I don't this that something terrible will happen if you unlock the disk.