Netbook with no cd

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software

Netbook with no cd

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:58 pm

I just install Windows 7 from a usb thumb drive now I want to make a backup of it. Will r-drive image 4.6 do the job? I don't see any option to do this. Can some one help me?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Netbook with no cd

Post by Alt » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:28 am

Yes, you can. You may test R-Drive Image for free, see this for details: http://www.drive-image.com/Drive_Image_Download.shtml

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:36 pm

I install it and ran it and I seen you can make a copy on cd but how do I do the same on a 16gb thumb drive it won't let me? And can I do the same on a Create Startup disk?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 am

You may use your 16G USB disk two ways:
1. You may simply create an image on it and, if necessary, restore data from it. Just select the disk on the Image Destination panel. See R-Drive Image Help -> Disk Actions -> Create an Image -> Writing images on CD-R/RW discs and other devices with removable storage. If you try to backup/restore data on a system disk, R-Drive Image will re-start into its startup mode. See R-Drive Image Help -> Startup Version -> Restore Data to a System or Other Locked Disk. Please note that that your system must be working properly to use this method (your computer must be able to start up properly).
2. You may create a startup version of R-Drive Image on your USB disk to be able to start your computer if its OS failed. You may use the rest of the disk to store the image file. See R-Drive Image Help -> Startup Version -> Create Startup Disks -> To create a startup USB removable device.
I uses the second technique to backup my system disk on my MSI Wind netbook.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:48 pm

It work great when I install it but when I made the "Create Startup Disks" and bootup with the "Create Startup Disks" it don't see any usb thumb drive to make an image file or can this be done?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:09 am

It can be done.
Please contact our techsupport. They'll help you to understand why R-Drive Image doesn't see your drive and explain how to correct the situation.