image incremental backup

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
dirkdekker

image incremental backup

Post by dirkdekker » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:43 am

the Image backup can restore individual files from a Imagebackup. QUestion: Can the program make incremental image backup to a backup store?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: image incremental backup

Post by Alt » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:26 am

dirkdekker wrote:the Image backup can restore individual files from a Imagebackup. QUestion: Can the program make incremental image backup to a backup store?
Backup store - is this an online service which can be connected to via the internet?

dirkdekker

Post by dirkdekker » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:51 pm

the backup store is an example and not the headline of the question. backups can be made to any medium.
but I still have a question: is it possible to make incremental image backups,so only changes in any document wil be as an image put to the full-backup-image.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:43 am

Yes. See R-Drive Image online help: Imaging Mode Options.

dirkdekker

Post by dirkdekker » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:08 am

Thanks for the Help.
I now the Technica Information, because we use R-drive for years. In this Technical Information there is NO backup of incrementals. Does that mean it won't work? Will there be no development by the R-TT software team to work on this issue?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:11 am

Maybe, I don't quite understand your question...
R-Drive Image makes incremental images of disks rather than separate files. If there're new file incrementals on the disk, they'll be added to the incremental disk backup together with other changes on the disk.