Kernel Panic

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
The IT Pro

Kernel Panic

Post by The IT Pro » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:04 pm

Hello,

In our organization we have very old PCs running MS-DOS. Some of the PCs have USB ports, but the BIOS is not capable of booting by USB. I am using a floppy drive containing, Plop Boot Manager, to load a USB driver to allow booting by USB. I have R-Drive on a flash drive. I can boot the software, but during the load-up, the kernel fails to load. Is there any troubleshooting methods for this, I tired some advanced startup disc options, but those did not change anything. I know I can just take the HDD out, but am trying to see if I can get it to work without opening the system and reducing risk of damaging something. The versions this happens on, 5.208 and 5.305.

Also, is there anyway we can get access to older R-Drive versions that might work better?

Thanks,

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Kernel Panic

Post by Alt » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:40 am

You may use floppies to create a startup version. And what processors do your old computers have? Maybe the linux kernel R-Drive Image uses doesn't support those very old computers?