Checking image files

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
MerleOne

Checking image files

Post by MerleOne » Sat May 21, 2016 4:26 am

Hi,
it seems consistency check is only available in CLI mode. But I have a question regarding what it really does.

I have a set of image file
Y700-HDD_20160508_202947_n.rdr ; n=1 to 6, #1 is a full backup, #2 to #6 are incremental ones

If I create a script containing
check -a Y700-HDD_20160508_202947_6.rdr

Will it check just the #6 file or all files from 1 to 6 ?

It would be nice too if check could be integrated within the GUI or launched automatically after image creation. Unless I missed something.

Thanks.

Edited : oops, I missed the Check Image Button right on the main GUI windows... So much for that question. And also the option to check it after creation. I happened to come across a faulty Samsung M3 USB3 HDD that corrupted almost every image I created on it and without any warning. Now I will check the images as often as I can.

MerleOne

Re: Checking image files

Post by MerleOne » Mon May 30, 2016 10:39 am

Yet another question relative check while using scripts :
I have a script that looks like :

[ REM R-DriveImage script file ]

append /a /o -append-inc="true" -s=1 -a="e:\Backup\HPEliteBook820\RTT\\HPElite-eBuro7.rdr" -p="password" -r="Full then Incr" -c=3 -u -bs

If I add -check at the end of the command line, it is ignored. I am using build 6015. Is it because it starts with "append" and not "create" ?

Regards,

Merle1

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Checking image files

Post by Alt » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:19 am

We have tested the case, and everything worked fine. Can you try to divide the script into two strings? One for appending, the other for image check. Please, note, as they're two commands in the script, you have to specify the entire path to the image for the check command.