Can I use V4 to clone and downsize to an SSD?

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
peterm9911

Can I use V4 to clone and downsize to an SSD?

Post by peterm9911 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:41 am

Hi, I've had a copy of V4 for years now, I haven't needed it recently but I now want to put an SSD into an HP 4535. It's currently got a 570Gb C partition, a 20Gb HP_Recovery partition and a 5Gb HP_Tools partition. The C drive is only using about 100Gb so I can safely get away with a 500Gb (or even 250!) if I can use R-Drive to clone everything (including any hidden partitions) and resize the C drive in the process. Is this something V4 would do? If not, would an upgraded version do it? And if it would work is it as easy as running R-Drive on the laptop with the new SSD connected via USB-SATA and letting it get on with it?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Cheers.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Can I use V4 to clone and downsize to an SSD?

Post by Alt » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:23 am

I think the best way is to test. R-Drive Image in its demo mode has all its functionality for one month.
As I understand, V4 means R-Drive Image version 4. I don't think it will do that job, but I'm not sure.

peterm9911

Re: Can I use V4 to clone and downsize to an SSD?

Post by peterm9911 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:07 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I did see that there was a demo version but it's good to know it's fully featured. It's annoying how often I get a watermark across videos.... Cheers.