Tor's download traces cleanup

A place to discuss data and privacy protection, file and disk wipe, computer cleaning, and removing traces of user activity with R-Wipe & Clean.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Wipe & Clean and R-Crypto software
Swift

Tor's download traces cleanup

Post by Swift » Fri May 29, 2020 1:50 pm

I recently noticed one problem in the Tor browser.
After downloading the files to the USB flash drive, the system still has paths to the folders on the USB flash drive where these files were saved.
This was detected using special utilities for finding information in the registry.

I was told that such traces are best cleaned in R-Wipe & Clean, and after full cleaning in R-Wipe & Clean, all traces really disappear. But I don’t have time to wait for the full cleaning to complete, so does anyone know what items need to be marked for cleaning to remove only all traces of browser downloads?

JunkBuster

Re: Tor's download traces cleanup

Post by JunkBuster » Sat May 30, 2020 1:38 pm

Swift wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:50 pm
I recently noticed one problem in the Tor browser.
After downloading the files to the USB flash drive, the system still has paths to the folders on the USB flash drive where these files were saved.
This was detected using special utilities for finding information in the registry.

I was told that such traces are best cleaned in R-Wipe & Clean, and after full cleaning in R-Wipe & Clean, all traces really disappear. But I don’t have time to wait for the full cleaning to complete, so does anyone know what items need to be marked for cleaning to remove only all traces of browser downloads?
I think that in your case it’s enough to clean 2 items:
  • YourUsername's Traces / Recent Activity / Dialog Box Traces
  • YourUsername's Traces / Storing Traces / Stored Explorer View Settings
But I'm not sure.
I would advise you to carefully review the contents of all pages in the section named YourUsername's Traces at least once, since R-Wipe & Clean can display information that cannot be obtained using utilities for finding information in the registry.

Swift

Re: Tor's download traces cleanup

Post by Swift » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:21 am

You're right.
Those paths on the USB flash drive really disappear from the registry after cleaning these two items.
Thank you very much.