Updating to Most Current Version

A place to discuss data and privacy protection, file and disk wipe, computer cleaning, and removing traces of user activity with R-Wipe & Clean.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Wipe & Clean and R-Crypto software
mrm4801

Updating to Most Current Version

Post by mrm4801 » Fri May 28, 2021 8:57 am

Please excuse me if this question has already been answered on the forum. Also, please excuse this question if it seems overly rudimentary (I'm a senior citizen and I know close to nothing about personal computers, software, etc.)

Is the only way to update R-Wipe & Clean to use the Registered User Console? Furthermore, is their a quick way to check what version of R-Wipe & Clean one is using from the ribbon of the software?

Thanks very much.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Updating to Most Current Version

Post by Alt » Mon May 31, 2021 1:59 pm

mrm4801 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 8:57 am
Is the only way to update R-Wipe & Clean to use the Registered User Console?
No, you may download the latest version from our site: Download R-Wipe & Clean for Windows.
mrm4801 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 8:57 am
Furthermore, is their a quick way to check what version of R-Wipe & Clean one is using from the ribbon of the software?
We update R-wipe&Clean regularly, usually every two weeks. You may check the version either on the download page or on R-Wipe&Clean version history topic: R-Wipe&Clean: version history. We're planning to implement automatic announces and updates soon.

mrm4801

Re: Updating to Most Current Version

Post by mrm4801 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:05 pm

Thanks very much. I appreciate it.