R-Wipe & Clean L10n

A place to discuss data and privacy protection, file and disk wipe, computer cleaning, and removing traces of user activity with R-Wipe & Clean.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Wipe & Clean and R-Crypto software
marlin

R-Wipe & Clean L10n

Post by marlin » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:16 pm

I have seen screenshots of the R-Wipe & Clean with an interface in different languages on the Internet several times, but on the R-Wipe & Clean's website I found only the English version.
I wonder if these localized versions are offered by some of the company's partners, or is it possible to somehow translate the R-Wipe & Clean's interface into any language by yourself?

sepaktakraw

R-Wipe & Clean L10n

Post by sepaktakraw » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:15 pm

The Chinese said that the Chinese version of the R-Wipe & Clean was originally version from the R-Wipe & Clean's website, but then the content of some DLL was modified with special software. If I understood correctly, this DLL contains all text displayed in the program.

I think this is clearly not the official version of the R-Wipe & Clean.

Emre

Re: R-Wipe & Clean L10n

Post by Emre » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:36 am

Those who are engaged in software development can independently translate the interface language from English into any language. To do this, you need to translate the strings contained in the rwcstrings.dll.
The question is whether such actions are permissible on the part of users.

BTW, the R-Wipe & Clean doesn't seem to be fully ready for i18n yet. For example, after translating the interface into Turkish, in Touch program, the text is not displayed completely (truncated) in several places.

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:42 am

Each R-Wipe & Clean file is digitally signed.
If you change the contents of the file, the existing digital signature will not be verified and the program may stop working.
It can also be blocked by antivirus software.

Steven

Post by Steven » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:05 pm

Emre wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:36 am
To do this, you need to translate the strings contained in the rwcstrings.dll.
This dll obviously doesn't contain all text of the program interface. After translating the text contained in the rwcstrings.dll into another language, the program's main menu remains in English.

Gabriel

Post by Gabriel » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:47 pm

Emre wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:36 am
Those who are engaged in software development can independently translate the interface language from English into any language. To do this, you need to translate the strings contained in the rwcstrings.dll.
Found that most of the text displayed in the settings and message windows is in rwcdialogs.dll, not in rwcstrings.dll.
But I don’t know how to translate text in a DLL like rwcdialogs.dll, because it’s not a usual string DLL.