Internet Data Usage

A place to discuss data and privacy protection, file and disk wipe, computer cleaning, and removing traces of user activity with R-Wipe & Clean.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Wipe & Clean and R-Crypto software
eagle

Internet Data Usage

Post by eagle » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:33 am

Does anyone know which item to select in the tree on the left to clear the list of Network & Internet data usage displayed in Windows settings (Network & Internet > Status > Data Usage)? I found that this list is cleared after clearing the entire section called System's Own Traces and then rebooting the system.

Falcon

Re: Internet Data Usage

Post by Falcon » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:43 pm

I think you just need to clean up sru monitoring traces:

System's Own Traces > Aggregate Traces > SRU Monitoring Traces

eagle

Post by eagle » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:03 pm

Thank you very much!

It's sad that the R-Wipe & Clean doesn't display this data in detail.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:00 am

eagle wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:33 am
Does anyone know which item to select in the tree on the left to clear the list of Network & Internet data usage displayed in Windows settings (Network & Internet > Status > Data Usage)? I found that this list is cleared after clearing the entire section called System's Own Traces and then rebooting the system.
Assuming that this is Windows 10/11, you need to go to the System's Own Traces -> Aggregate Traces -> SRU Monitoring Traces
and clean the Databases item.

This item is quite often locked by the system. You need to restart your computer in this case. All the statistics collected will be cleaned, too.

eagle

Post by eagle » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:26 am

OK, I got it. Thanks.