SRWare Iron Browser issue

A place to discuss data and privacy protection, file and disk wipe, computer cleaning, and removing traces of user activity with R-Wipe & Clean.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Wipe & Clean and R-Crypto software
logon

Re: SRWare Iron Browser issue

Post by logon » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:08 pm

Alt wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:51 am
logon wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:06 am
Please note that currently the folder where the "Recently closed" tabs are stored is the following

%localappdata%\Chromium\User Data\Default\Sessions

then in order to delete them it is enough to empty that folder.
You need to clean two items in the SRWare Iron section: Stored Session Commands and Stored Tabs Commands instead.
You're right.

However please note the result is the same and that's the emptying of the "Sessions" folder.

Anyway R-Wipe & Clean list of Options is really granular (and - as said - never seen elsewhere) so I hadn't checked them all, but I was sure they had to be there.

On the other hand all other programs out there regroup "Recently closed" tabs in "Browsing History" option...

Thank you for your appreciated reply.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:40 pm

We've released a new build (20.0.2350). Do not clean the LevelDB Databases item in the SRWare Iron section if you don't want to delete settings of browser's extentions. You may even hide this item in the Customization section.

logon

Post by logon » Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:12 am

I appreciate your professionalism and I can confirm that build 2350 does seem to work with no unexpected results.

Waiting for Local Storage cookies to be cleared without cleaning the whole folder content I thank you very much.