R-wipe & Clean

A place to discuss data and privacy protection, file and disk wipe, computer cleaning, and removing traces of user activity with R-Wipe & Clean.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Wipe & Clean and R-Crypto software
Sadie

R-wipe & Clean

Post by Sadie » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:29 pm

hello! I was hoping for a little bit of help to decide if the R-Wipe product will meet my needs. I need to send 4 computers to recycling and I want to make sure they are property wiped and cleaned before doing so. These are my needs:

1. that it removes all traces of everything we used computers for...taxes, medical, etc. Eventually I don't want anything to boot up. I can wipe it and then reset it, I just want to make sure its a blank slate for recycling
2. these computers are not connected to internet, a couple are XP, one is probably even older than that. I don't want to have to connect them to the internet if possible, one may not even have wireless capability.
3. Can the exe file be put on a USB and downloaded to each PC that way? Then deleted and repeat for next PC
4. is this possible to use on Flash Drives for disposal
5. Is this easy enough for a regular person who has tech skills, I can get around pretty easily, download and install, uninstall, manage all our computers, software, antivirus and security software, but I do not have any IT training.

Please let me know if you can help me decide if the software will meet my needs! Thanks!

Sadie

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: R-wipe & Clean

Post by Alt » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:31 pm

I think the best way to erase everything from your computers is to use the built-in Partition Manager in the startup version of R-Drive Image.
You may use it for free for the trial period. It can completely wipe entire disks. This article may help you: R-Drive Image as a free powerful partition manager.