Error on loading app

A place to discuss data and privacy protection, file and disk wipe, computer cleaning, and removing traces of user activity with R-Wipe & Clean.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Wipe & Clean and R-Crypto software
Imajica

Error on loading app

Post by Imajica » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:04 pm

Whenever I load R-Wipe, I get the following screen. Nothing I do gets rid of it. I tried to delete files, but it hangs and nothing happens. I can cancel it and proceed. The program works as expected. I can use the context menu and that works. I only get this error when I load the app. Any ideas on how I can clear the error?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Error on loading app

Post by Alt » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:54 pm

I've passed this problem to our developers.

Goku

Post by Goku » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:21 pm

Imajica wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:04 pm
Whenever I load R-Wipe, I get the following screen. Nothing I do gets rid of it. I tried to delete files, but it hangs and nothing happens. I can cancel it and proceed. The program works as expected. I can use the context menu and that works. I only get this error when I load the app. Any ideas on how I can clear the error?

Thanks
Try to delete the C:\{FDD28C43-9041-4F65-AC84-085071E40D93} folder.
There may be some errors on the disk that prevent the Wipe&Clean from deleting this folder.
The Wipe&Clean creates this folder when cleaning the MFT and deletes it after the cleaning is complete.

Imajica

Post by Imajica » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:55 pm

I managed to manually delete the folder... it was coming up saying that Jetico Bestcypt had the file locked. Bestcrypt has a container guard utility to prevent encrypted containers from being accidentally deleted.

That being said, I am not sure why this would have come up. I did not have any container on my PC. I had just reinstalled the PC and was just setting things up. I think what caused all of this is there is an option in R-Wipe to wipe the free space. I ran that to see what would happen. I think somehow it created a temp file with an extension .DCF and that triggered the lockdown of the file. I removed the file guard and was able to delete the files. I reenabled the guard after.