R-Wipe reboot freezes the boot process in Windows XP

A place to discuss data and privacy protection, file and disk wipe, computer cleaning, and removing traces of user activity with R-Wipe & Clean.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Wipe & Clean and R-Crypto software
Val2Read

R-Wipe reboot freezes the boot process in Windows XP

Post by Val2Read » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:10 am

Hi - I have installed the latest version of R-Wipe on a Windows XP PC, with the latest versions of Comodo Firewall and BitDefender Antivirus. After I installed the latest versions of Comodo and BitDefender, I noticed that when I run a complete wipe with R-Wipe and I reboot as R-Wipe instructs, then on the reboot, the reboot process appears to get hung up along the way and does not complete rebooting. It appears to be some conflict between Comodo/BitDefender and R-Wipe because after I uninstall R-Wipe, then my machine reboots normally. I could use some help in figuring out how to get R-Wipe to work again. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling R-Wipe several times, but the problem persists. I've tried this on 2 different PCs and the same problem occurs. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: R-Wipe reboot freezes the boot process in Windows XP

Post by Alt » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:47 am

I've passed the problem to our developers.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:37 am

A reboot consists of two steps: first the computer shuts down and then, it automatically starts up.
Here is the question: does the computer shuts down and newer starts up, or it starts and hangs during the startup?
If the first case, this is a known issue - when R-wipe & Clean is installed, the computer shuts down, but cannot automatically start up during reboot. The user has to start the computer manually.
If the second one, let us know and we'll investigate into this problem.

Val2Read

Post by Val2Read » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:07 pm

Alt wrote:A reboot consists of two steps: first the computer shuts down and then, it automatically starts up.
Here is the question: does the computer shuts down and newer starts up, or it starts and hangs during the startup?
If the first case, this is a known issue - when R-wipe & Clean is installed, the computer shuts down, but cannot automatically start up during reboot. The user has to start the computer manually.
If the second one, let us know and we'll investigate into this problem.
It starts up but then hangs during startup.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:09 pm

Please contact our technical support. They'll help you to solve the problem.