R-Wipe & Clean Password Issue

A place to discuss data and privacy protection, file and disk wipe, computer cleaning, and removing traces of user activity with R-Wipe & Clean.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Wipe & Clean and R-Crypto software
asparatu

R-Wipe & Clean Password Issue

Post by asparatu » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:19 am

I set a password on the R-wipe & clean and i tried to get into the program with the password i set and it will not let me in. is there a way reset the password or remove it? or do i have to uninstall it and remove the registry enteries?
Shane

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: R-Wipe & Clean Password Issue

Post by Alt » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:21 am

I think removing, registry cleaning, and re-installing will be the fastest way.

asparatu

Post by asparatu » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:18 am

ok..i will do that.
Thank you
shane

Klein

Post by Klein » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:41 am

Hello,
I'm in the same situation as you, I tried
the method described so high but without success. I uninstalled the application several times and did a registry cleanup. but I cannot find the corresponding registry key to delete it manually. I'm on Windows 10.
Could you help me please?

Climber

Post by Climber » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:22 pm

It seems to me that this password is a purely formal feature, probably to protect against dummies among relatives or work colleagues.
Therefore, I hope that there will be no problem if I say here that to reset this password you just need to delete all the values of the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\R-TT\RWC key in the Registry.
But you should realize that after that all other settings will also be reset.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:55 pm

Climber wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:22 pm
It seems to me that this password is a purely formal feature, probably to protect against dummies among relatives or work colleagues.
Therefore, I hope that there will be no problem if I say here that to reset this password you just need to delete all the values of the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\R-TT\RWC key in the Registry.
But you should realize that after that all other settings will also be reset.
Yes, this is the current way of resetting the password. We'll implement a password and other setting reset in the nearest future.