How to stop R-Wipe&Clean "Abnormal Termination" Msgs

A place to discuss data and privacy protection, file and disk wipe, computer cleaning, and removing traces of user activity with R-Wipe & Clean.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Wipe & Clean and R-Crypto software
Frustrated-RWC_Owner

How to stop R-Wipe&Clean "Abnormal Termination" Msgs

Post by Frustrated-RWC_Owner » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:01 am

How can I finally stop always receiving the message "R-Wipe&Clean has detected the abnormal termination of previous wiping. Some temporary files should be removed."? I've been getting it for days now every single time I launch the R-Wipe&Clean main app!

Pic of message: Image

It is indeed true that a previous wipe several days ago was abnormally terminated as a result of a nasty XP Pro/SP3 BSOD crash. It was caused by updating to Nvidia's graphics driver version 280.26 (which I have since learned has lots of stability issues), but I have reverted everything back to version 275.33 2 days ago (and have never had any problems with those drivers since). But no matter how many times since then that I've used R-Wipe&Clean to thoroughly delete those same "temporary files that should be removed" with R-wipe's post-boot cleanup process completing without error, the same exact message keeps appearing every time I launch the Rwipe app again.

Note that I don't want to press the "Remove these files" button yet another time, because that specific wipe task is not only pointless, it's highly undesirable now. I just want to know the trick to tell it to leave me alone and forget about it already! How do I accomplish that?

System Info: 32-bit Windows XP Pro/SP3
R-Wipe version: 9.5 (Build 1675)
All partitions: standard NTFS, Basic MBR

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: How to stop R-Wipe&Clean "Abnormal Termination" Msgs

Post by Alt » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:35 pm

I've passed the problem to our developers.

Frustrated-RWC_Owner

Post by Frustrated-RWC_Owner » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Alt wrote:I've passed the problem to our developers.
Hey, thanks for the quick action, Alt!

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:16 pm

Check if there is a hidden folder ~rwc{}$$.rwd on the disk(s) and delete it. If you cannot delete it, check if you have sufficient rights to do so, or that the file system on the disk isn't broken using chkdsk.
If all this doesn't help, contact our tech support.