Recovered raw photos not opening

Questions on file recovery and disk unformat using the R-Undelete program.
ericha

Recovered raw photos not opening

Post by ericha » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:56 pm

I have used R-photo and R-Undelete to deep scan a damaged SD Card. They both identify the same number of pictures, half jpg and half fuji raw images. I am able to see the thumbnails on both Rphoto and Rundelete. I also can double click and see the uncorrupted images full size. However, when I recover the images I cannot open them. I have tried Photoshop and Lightroom and they indicate that the files may be corrupt. Please help!

E Richa

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Recovered raw photos not opening

Post by Alt » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:23 am

ericha wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:56 pm
I have used R-photo and R-Undelete to deep scan a damaged SD Card. They both identify the same number of pictures, half jpg and half fuji raw images. I am able to see the thumbnails on both Rphoto and Rundelete. I also can double click and see the uncorrupted images full size. However, when I recover the images I cannot open them. I have tried Photoshop and Lightroom and they indicate that the files may be corrupt. Please help!

E Richa
You may use R-Photo only, it has the same data recovery engine as R-Undelete has, and it's free. Are you saying that you saw an image full size, then recover it and that very image appeared corrupted? If yes, can you send me an example of such image? raptorbck (at) gmail (dot) com.

RForce

Post by RForce » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:48 am

Were you able to get a full sector-by-sector backup image of the card without any read errors?

ericha

Post by ericha » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:04 am

I only did a deep scan using R-photo. I have not tried a sector-by-sector backup. What software do you recommend for that?

Eduardo

RForce

Post by RForce » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:48 pm

Most R-TT products have the ability built in. They also have a program called R Drive Image. Alternatively, you could use ddrescue in Linux.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:12 am

ericha wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:04 am
I only did a deep scan using R-photo. I have not tried a sector-by-sector backup. What software do you recommend for that?

Eduardo
R-Photo can. See R-Photo's help: Disk Images. The same is for R-Undelete.

HarrietHayes

Post by HarrietHayes » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:42 am

Alt wrote:
erichas wrote: I only did a deep scan using R-photo. I have not tried a sector-by-sector backup. What software do you recommend for that?

Eduardo
R-Photo can. See R-Photo's helps: Disk Images. The same is for R-Undelete.
Re: Recovered Raw files now don't open in any software - any help ... A77 or the RAW files are damaged because they were not recovered the ...

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:04 pm

HarrietHayes wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:42 am
Alt wrote:
erichas wrote: I only did a deep scan using R-photo. I have not tried a sector-by-sector backup. What software do you recommend for that?

Eduardo
R-Photo can. See R-Photo's helps: Disk Images. The same is for R-Undelete.
Re: Recovered Raw files now don't open in any software - any help ... A77 or the RAW files are damaged because they were not recovered the ...
What does this mean?