Can R-Undelete recover Video (mov ad mp4) ?

Questions on file recovery and disk unformat using the R-Undelete program.
Vered

Can R-Undelete recover Video (mov ad mp4) ?

Post by Vered » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:13 am

I'm looking for a product to help me recover video files that got deleted from (a) SD card FAT32 formated, and (b) Android phone, also FAT32. There was no overworting, reformating or any other usage of the cameras between the time the videos got deleted and now. I was told by support team of other "undelete" products that they have problems with recovering video from FAT32 disks. The files are listed and can be stored on a diffrent disk but they wont play. The result changes from a "codec problem" message to hearing a second of audio and then noise.
Anyone has done a sucessful recovery before with R-Undelete ?
(note that the preview option of R-Undelete didn't work for me and also I was not able to create a session because I haven't purchased the product yet. I wanted to know it it could work before I purchase...)
Thank you !

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Can R-Undelete recover Video (mov ad mp4) ?

Post by Alt » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:34 am

Some questions about a failed preview for R-Undelete. Do you have all required codecs installed on the machine? Did you try to preview files from the recovered file/folder structure or files found using scan for Known FIle Types (Extra Found Files)?

Vered

Post by Vered » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:33 am

Thanks for the reply ! Preview didn't work - it just got stuck. And I'm afraid I don't see anything about scan for Known FIle Types (Extra Found Files). Is it included in the demo version ?
The problem could be with Codec but I have other videos on my camera (mov) / pnone (mp4) that did not get delete and those videos play alright on my PC.
Please do advise what can I do to get a clue about the chances that R-Undelete will work for me.
thanks again

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:24 am

You may read about Known File Types in the on-line help of R-Undelete. Can you successfully preview files from the Known File Types folder?

Vered

Post by Vered » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:48 pm

thank you, I'm away now so I'll try again next week. let me summerize my problem again:
But I did get all the deleted mov and mp4 files listed alright by the demo version of R-Undeleted, but I wasn't able to validate that recovery works because all my lost video files are bigger than 64k. Also preview didn't work. It got stuck in “preparing for preview".
So I wanted to know if anyone was able to recover video files from FAT32 disk.
thanks again,
Vered

Vered

Post by Vered » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:11 am

Hello again,
i tried preview both files from the recovered file/folder structure and files found using detailed scan. No diffrence.
What exctly do you mean i should do to request "Extra Found Files" ? Do you have this option in the demo version of your software?
Thanks,
Vered

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:09 am

Vered wrote:Hello again,
i tried preview both files from the recovered file/folder structure and files found using detailed scan. No diffrence.
What exctly do you mean i should do to request "Extra Found Files" ? Do you have this option in the demo version of your software?
Thanks,
Vered
I think, if there is no problem with codecs, and existing files can be played in the standard Windows player, most likely, R-Undelete won't be able to recover the files.

Vered

Post by Vered » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:53 pm

Understood :( Thank you