RAID0 Recovering accidentally deleted files using R-studio 5.2

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
burglor

RAID0 Recovering accidentally deleted files using R-studio 5.2

Post by burglor » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:03 pm

Hello,

I had a user delete 1.5TB of data on accident on a Win7 64-bit legacy system, they deleted an entire drive setup in RAID0. I'm currently using R-studio 5.2 to try to recover the files.

Started the recovery task, but it seems to be stuck at 0% for the last hour. I'm not sure if is supposed to take this long or if I'm doing anything wrong. I don't see any recovered data in the set output folder as well.

I'm unable to stop the task, and I didn't want to force quit in case it causes any issues with the recovery. Am I able to kill this task without causing any issues?

Enumeration started and completed, still at 0% on file recovery. I noticed that the drive set for output has stopped spinning from being idle so long, so I take it the task hasn't even begun.

Any help would be appreciated

Data-Medics

Re: RAID0 Recovering accidentally deleted files using R-studio 5.2

Post by Data-Medics » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:58 pm

Did you actually build the block RAID, confirm it all to be configured correctly, and start saving files, or are you stuck at some other point? I'm not clear on what point you actually got up to.

burglor

Post by burglor » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:27 pm

@data-medics

I've completed the scan for the virtual raid block and started the backup. All looked promising over the weekend, saw it go up to 10% before I left but I returned to the machine to be stuck at 0% and unresponsive to clicking 'stop'.

It looks like the backup was completed in terms of drive space taken in the output folder, but I'm unable to see any contents.

Sorry if this isn't a technical answer, I'm a bit of a noob with this.

burglor

Post by burglor » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:10 pm

Little update.

Just wanted to disregard this thread.

5.2 wasn't working properly. Have version 8 and have been able to get past my original issue.