R-Studio for Windows and Linux some bugs

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
sunlin

R-Studio for Windows and Linux some bugs

Post by sunlin » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:27 am

I use R-Studio for Windows v9.x and R-Studio for Linux 5.x to scan large storage file and save .scn file. I found some bugs:
1. I use UFS Explorer can recognize a NAS complex RAID6, and the RAID member are not the same capacity, the UFS Explorer can read RAID configuration well and file system can read files.
But R-Studio cannot recognize full RAID configuration. If I want to use UFS Explorer recognize RAID configuration to combine RAID on R-Studio, the shift value cannot input various value (RAID member are not the same capacity), R-Studio will automatically change to same value. This default action will make me cannot combine the RAID.
The RAID configuration is two RAID6 combine as Span(Volume Set), even if I can combine the 2 RAID6, the Volume Set need shift value to combine, but R-Studio Volume Set did not have shift value or any configuration to set.
2. When I use UFS Explorer to save logical RAID to a DD raw image(32TB). I use R-Studio to scan the DD raw image. I cannot stop it to preview scan result. If I force to stop R-Studio program with task manager, I can read the .scn file to preview scan result.
But when I use R-Studio for Linux 5.x to scan this 32TB file, when the scan progress to about 50%, I found the speed is slow down to 10MB/s, and I cannot stop progress. I stop the program with kill command, I read the .scn file , the scan progress is under 1.7TB , not 16TB.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: R-Studio for Windows and Linux some bugs

Post by Alt » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:26 am

Thank you for reporting!
I've passed this message to our developers.

sunlin

Re: R-Studio for Windows and Linux some bugs

Post by sunlin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 am

In another case , another NAS use Single RAID6, ext4 file system with 5.45TB logical capacity. R-Studio was also cannot recognize partition and file system. I also need use UFS Exporer to save logical RAID as raw image.
When R-Studio Windows v9.x scan complete ( it also cannot stop at any time before complete ), open file system will not complete, and I need to terminate with task manager. So in this case, 32TB file system is also cannot use it.
But when use R-Studio Linux 5.x to open .scn file, file system can load well. So I need use R-Studio Linux version to work with it. But R-Studio Linux version had this problem, so I am afraid R-Studio had no solution for this 32TB case.
PS: As recently cases, with ext4 file system to recovery, R-Studio scan result is better than UFS Explorer, so I use UFS Explorer to save logical RAID and then use R-Studio to scan it.