boot a broken raid 5

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
wo0815

boot a broken raid 5

Post by wo0815 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:42 pm

Hi there,
I intend to buy your software and would like to know beforehand whether it can help me at all.

I have a computer with an Asus Maximus III Formula mainboard and use the Intel Matrix Raid Solution with 6 SSD Samsung Evo 840 as Raid 5 out of ignorance. After problems with the 4th SSD (available, then not again, rebuild, not available) I decided to replace this SSD with an identical SSD. After installation, all 6 SSDs are recognized, but in the control level of the Intel Raid Manager at Dos level, the new SSD is recognized as a non-disk member, but all other SSDs that were previously without errors are now displayed as offline. This means that this system is no longer bootable. Can your software help bring the SSD back online?
Sincerely yours

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: boot a broken raid 5

Post by Alt » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:20 am

No, it can't.
In general, R-Studio can assemble the RAID, if its parameters are correct. Then files from that RAID can be copied to other place.
Then you will be able to re-create the RAID, re-install the OS, and copy the files back to the RAID.
But you should try file recovery with R-Studio before purchasing it. Read What to do if I don't know if R-Studio can recover my files? for more details.