R-studio for linux crashes on larger datasets

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
czt

R-studio for linux crashes on larger datasets

Post by czt » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:55 am

Hello,

After years looking on rstudio software as great tool for recovering almost everything I just have bought license for R-studio for linux last days.

Problem:
On M5014 (https://lenovopress.com/tips0738-server ... -and-m5014) Raid controller I have cleared configuration for my abt 9TB RAID 5 based on 4 disks (3+3+4+3 TB)
Disks are working and doesn't have any errors in smart. That worked from years, last index shown me about 3 500 000 files with different sizes and kinds. From 500kB object to 900GB image, I suppose.

So, in the test version of R-studio I have scanned both, RAID configuration (autodetect) and scanned for files (marked detailed in option).
Hopefully I have seen part of my directory structure when I click "Open drive files" and for 1hr cancelled the process.
So, at this stage eveyrthing is OK and hopefully. (ext4 filesystem)

But, the major problem begins when keep the progress dialog (to render whole list of all files) for longer while (abt few hours). It stops all R-studio application without any information on application log, or in the system log (dmesg)

That is really problematic as I hoped to rescue my filesystem fast, I just need access to it ASAP.

I have enabled 'debug' mode in options but I havent seen any changes in app or in the log.
I am using that on i5-4690 CPU, 32gb ram, ubuntu 20, ssd system drive.
What can I do to get list ?

That problems exists both, on using images of disks, and the disks connected to IT-mode HBA (perc H300).
PS - when I choosen "recover all files" instead of "Open drive files" the problem looks same - nothing happened, and the app crashed.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: R-studio for linux crashes on larger datasets

Post by Alt » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:03 am

Please contact our techsupport. They'll help you to solve the problem.

czt

Post by czt » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:06 am

Thank you, we are in contact now.

Do your support works on weekend?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:22 pm

czt wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:06 am
Thank you, we are in contact now.