Recovering images from a reformatted Lacie 6Big drive external

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
KCPI

Recovering images from a reformatted Lacie 6Big drive external

Post by KCPI » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:23 pm

Hi everyone, I am new to the software and trying my best to understand the manual. I formatted my Big6 lacie after transferring images to another drive. However, one project was not transferred completely. I am trying to find if it is still on the raid. I am not optimistic as I did not think that this software would not work on Lacie's until I began reading the forums. Is this true? If it is not, can anyone explain the process of setting up a virtual raid so I can see if the images are on the drives? When I add my library to the virtual raid it will not allow me to choose the right raid. It only allows striped. I have my raid set up as a 5. I welcome all eye rolls. Computers and software are not my strongest assets. Thanks so much. PS Using my old iMac Mohave for recovery.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Recovering images from a reformatted Lacie 6Big drive external

Post by Alt » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:41 am

My understanding is that you've formatted the drive from your Mac computer. In this case you don't have to create a virtual RAID. You may work directly from the computer. Depending on the file system the drive WAS formatted, those articles may help you:
Data Recovery from an Erased HFS or HFS+ Disk
Data Recovery from an Erased APFS Disk
Data Recovery from a Re-Formatted exFAT/FAT Disk
You may test R-Studio for free. When working in its Demo mode, it performs all data recovery tasks except saving recovered files larger than 256 KB.