Create Virtual Block RAID & Autodetect

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
cramerhwood

Re: Create Virtual Block RAID & Autodetect

Post by cramerhwood » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:06 pm

It was an attempt to force them into a block, but I had no control over the RAID settings like I do with the other drives.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:26 pm

Stop creating any virtual Block RAID - that won't do any good. I can tell from your video that R-Studio found LDM partitions in two images. R-Studio normally should've created an LDM volume automatically, but didn't, for reason unclear to me. That needs a more detailed investigation into this problem. Please contact our techsupport with this problem and provide a link to this topic. They'll help you to solve the problem. They may request some information about your system, which I think isn't a good idea to publish in our forum.

cramerhwood

Post by cramerhwood » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:59 pm

Ok. What's an ldm volume?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:07 pm

cramerhwood wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:59 pm
Ok. What's an ldm volume?
LDM (Logical Disk Manager) = Windows software RAID in your case. There may be other types of LDM volumes in other cases.

cramerhwood

Post by cramerhwood » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:37 pm

So, my guess at this point is that it was originally a RAID 5 and it was later improperly formatted as a RAID 1 or using only 2 of the disks.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:54 pm

cramerhwood wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:37 pm
So, my guess at this point is that it was originally a RAID 5 and it was later improperly formatted as a RAID 1 or using only 2 of the disks.
Nothing can be said unless the data on the disks has been inspected. That's why I recommend you to go to our techsupport.