Mac RAID0 Recovery

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
redzonepost

Mac RAID0 Recovery

Post by redzonepost » Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:31 pm

Hi. I made a huge mistake the other day and accidentally deleted the RAID0 Set on my external drive. I originally created the set using Raid Assistant in Disk Utility and now am trying to use R-Studio to recreate the raid and recover the data.

I have, in some attempts, been able to recover files in their respective folders but they are, so far, unusable. Is there any way someone can help me set it up properly for the best chance of recovery? I've attached a screenshot of the drives - there are 3 2TB drives that were creating a 6TB RAID0 set.

I created them using the 256K option in RAID Assistant (I'm 99% positive because I was mostly using the RAID for large video files but it's possible I'm wrong so I'm hoping R-Studio can help me determine that in the right configuration).

I have tried recreating the RAID using the Virtual Block RAID and Virtual Volume options but can't seem to get it to work so I'm hoping someone can help, please.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Mac RAID0 Recovery

Post by Alt » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:25 am

Hitech411

Re: Mac RAID0 Recovery

Post by Hitech411 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:57 am

Hello,

Had you taken images of the disks before attempting to rebuild?
----------------------------------------
Data Recovery Engineer
https://eastafricahitechsolutions.co/