Using R-studio Mac to recover RAID 5 with 3 disks

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
macnick

Using R-studio Mac to recover RAID 5 with 3 disks

Post by macnick » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:47 am

Hello,

I searched all posts but I didn't find anything relevant. I am new to the program and I want to try it before I buy. I have a Xserver quad 2.8 with Apple RAID card and 3 disks configured as RAID 5. The card failed and the xserve was sent for repair. I kept the disks which I am going to put on the server again when it will be back. The question is will R-Studio help me recover my files even if they seem lost? Last time the old card worked it was rebulding the RAID. Unfortunately it crashed before finishing. Anyone with similar experience?

Thank you for any help.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Using R-studio Mac to recover RAID 5 with 3 disks

Post by Alt » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:56 am

You can try the program before buying it. Just install the program and it will run in the Demo mode. In this mode R-Studio does everything except actual data recovery. You may create a virtual RAID and preview files you want to recover. If the files are previewed correctly, most likely R-Studio can recover them successfully. The you buy the program and recover the files.
To preview the files just Control-click a file to preview on the Files panel and select Preview on the contextual menu.