Thecus NAS RAID 0 recovery

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
delabo

Thecus NAS RAID 0 recovery

Post by delabo » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:16 am

Hi,
I have 5x 1TB disks in RAID0 on Thecus NAS 5200. One disk is very unstable... with R-Studio, if I create 5 mirror image of the disks (of course if the bad disk is accessible...but the problem is certainly of the logic board so i can use one of the 4 functional..), with virtual RAID can I rebuild the RAID 0 and access a EXT-3 partition?
many thanks

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Thecus NAS RAID 0 recovery

Post by Alt » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:22 am

I think, yes, but better try it for free. Read the "What to do if I don't know if R-Studio can recover my files?" topic.

hddguy

Re: Thecus NAS RAID 0 recovery

Post by hddguy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:18 pm

delabo wrote:Hi,
I have 5x 1TB disks in RAID0 on Thecus NAS 5200. One disk is very unstable... with R-Studio, if I create 5 mirror image of the disks (of course if the bad disk is accessible...but the problem is certainly of the logic board so i can use one of the 4 functional..), with virtual RAID can I rebuild the RAID 0 and access a EXT-3 partition?
many thanks
EXT system uses a sequential file-system counter that can be used to find block size and disk order. Offset can be confirmed by presence of Superblock.