Recovering data from a WD Sharespace

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
gacpac

Recovering data from a WD Sharespace

Post by gacpac » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:55 am

Hi,

I'm trying to recover data from a sharespace of 8tb on raid 5, i have the images, the order of the drive, one failing drive but still i did a .dsk image. i know that this raid uses LINUX FS also i'm working now in linux to view if i can do something more.

The thing is that i have like one month trying to view data, i could see some but it's not what i want. i need to find the 5 tb partition.

I tried with reclaim me recovery for raid and cannot give me the parameters of the raid, now i'm trying the autodetect option of the r-studio 7.1 technician edition. I've read that those drives are kind of easy in the wd forums some guys have little tutorials that are like plug and play and recover data but in my case i cannot get the partition i want to access the data.

Can someone give me the right parameters to maybe scan i think or well if i'm doing something wrong. the configuration i was using was.

raid 5, left asynchronus (standard), 64kb block size, and offset of the images 0 bytes.

Help please,

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Recovering data from a WD Sharespace

Post by Alt » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:08 am

What actually happened to the device?

gacpac

Post by gacpac » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:17 am

The sharespace is stuck at system starting now, and the solution is recreating the raid, and i want the data first u.u

When i connected the drives i saw that the first drive on the raid have bad sectors so i imaged all the drives to work better.

i have now 1 byte to byte hard drive image and the other 3 images are on .rdr image format

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:09 am

Did you scan the virtual RAID and what did you find on it? Any valid partition existing at the time of the crash? Did you manage to recover or preview files from it?

gacpac

Post by gacpac » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:57 pm

I figured out using linux, mounted the drives in order and did some commands on terminal now recovering the data.

Was a RAID 0 with a failed drive, i cloned the bad one.

Why don't R-studio support LVM2 fs u.u it could be easier. Also elastix use this kind of partition