Alienware M17X: Raid 0 Recovery (SOLVED!!!)

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
CatFish

Re: Alienware M17X: Raid 0 Recovery

Post by CatFish » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:38 pm

Here are the results from Reclaime raid recovery.

These instructions are provided for R-Studio version 5.1
1. Launch R-Studio

2. On the toolbar, click "Open image". Enter "E:\mx02.dsk" as the file name, click "Open"
3. On the toolbar, click "Open image". Enter "E:\mx01.dsk" as the file name, click "Open"
4. On the toolbar, click "Create Virtual RAID". Then, select "Create Virtual Block RAID" from the dropdown menu.

5. Right click the disk list on the right, select "Add E:\mx02.dsk" from the pop-up menu.
6. Right click the disk list on the right, select "Add E:\mx01.dsk" from the pop-up menu.

7. On the right side of the R-Studio window, set "RAID type" to "RAID0 (Stripe set)".
8. Below that, set "Block size" to "128 KB".
9. In the "Parents" table, enter "0 Sectors" as "Offset" in all rows.

10. Below the RAID diagram, click "Apply".
11. On the left panel, "Virtual Block RAID 1" is the newly created RAID. Double click it to start recovery.
Generated by ReclaiMe Free RAID Recovery build 1461, http://www.FreeRaidRecovery.com

I am now running a scan based on these parameters and instruction. Ill let everyone know results once it is done. I went out and purchased a 3TB external in place of the 2TB I had prior.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:54 am

You don't have to scan the entire RAID, just 100 GB more than enough to see the results. You may continue to scan it later, if necessary. Just save the scan info.

CatFish

Post by CatFish » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:12 pm

Alt wrote:You don't have to scan the entire RAID, just 100 GB more than enough to see the results. You may continue to scan it later, if necessary. Just save the scan info.
Ahh thanks. Wish I had known that before. My scans run from 9-10 hours.

Good news though is the last scan allows me to recover my files FULLY now. I still get some mismatch and MFT errors, but all my files that I recover open withouy any issues. You just saved me $3400.

The files I was in danger of losing date back all the way to high school and I've spent the last two weeks researching and running scans with R-studio on a work laptop. I was really prepared to pay to get someone to recover it, but I'm glad I came across R-studio. I'm going to update my first post soon to let everyone know what I did and I how I got my files back. I am very happy right now. Just got the slow process of putting back 900+ GBs on new HDs in my laptop but all is well now. I am a happy to do a review on R-Studio.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. Your one comment practically saved my hard drive.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Corsari

Re: Alienware M17X: Raid 0 Recovery (SOLVED!!!)

Post by Corsari » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:35 am

Perfect!

As stated in my previous post

with a RAID0 the fundamental part of the job, is to get both the drives images.

Then in my case with HEX editor, in your case with an automatic tool, you can get the parameters for R-Studio

Please note that your damage was really light, since automatic tools usually fails on serious filesystem damages or if they are missed some strategic sectors.

C.
Robert
Technical Manager @ Recupero Dati RAID FAsTec (Italy)

USEFUL RULES and GUIDELINES
1) What to check BEFORE begin a disk image/clone process [link]
2) Disks that are too slow while imaging/cloning them [link]
3) All my posts on this forum [link]